Get in Touch
Contact Louise via:
Phone number: 07917 610834
When you get in touch Louise will carry out an initial free phone call. If she feels she is likely to be of help, she will carry out an assessment in a non-judgmental and supportive manner. The assessment will include a discussion of the treatment options. If she feels your needs will be better served by a different expert she will help you to find one.
Louise provides clinical sessions in Quarry Street, central Guildford, close to the High Street and train station. She also holds sessions in Hindhead. During the Covid 19 pandemic video/telephone appointments are preferred but face to face appointments are available if needed.
Evening appointments are available.
What happens when you see a Clinical Psychologist?
The variety of different types of therapists can be confusing but, as the British Psychological Society says, “The title of Chartered Psychologist is legally recognized and reflects only the highest standard of psychological knowledge and expertise”. Louise will only draw from approaches for which there are evidence and will make reference to national guidelines and research.
Louise’s approach is to use active, structured techniques grounded in psychological research. Your sessions will involve practical approaches as well as talking about issues in a supportive environment. The aim is to improve the problem in the fewest sessions possible.
- Depression: Louise has particular expertise in depression and offers Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) for this, both of which are National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) recommended therapies for this condition.
- Anxiety: She has extensive experience of dealing with anxiety, using techniques such as Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, (CBT) Compassion-Focussed therapy and mindfulness and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Relationship distress: Louise is experienced at using IPT to tackle relationship issues,
- Provision of training and clinical supervision to other professionals
- Female sexual problems: Louise has many years experience offering psychological approaches in a confidential setting
Louise offers help to adults from age 18.
Standard (55 min) session: £100
Extended (90 min) session: £155